Advanced Member

• STV 5.0 Std
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ
Good

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:12 PM

Tarek,

I was wondering if you could make it so it runs the customSearchResultForSeachText delegate method even when the autoSearchResults are nil. I am opening a data set where I dont't need to display anything until the user searches for it. I set it to filter to so it wouldn't load any records on viewdidload I want to send a fetch request with the search text. This will cut down on unecessary memory usage. The autosearch results in this case would be nil. I notice that the delegate method does not run in this case. Is this the correct way to do this?

What I am doing now is removing all sections and creating a new section with the filtered results when the searchbar text changes. Is there another way I should set the items?

Also, I seem to be having a problem with the [[SCArrayOfObjectsSection alloc]initWithHeaderTitle:entityDefinition: filterPredicate:]. It doesn't seem to be filtering and it seems to have the problem we had before with caching mechanism not working. It is very slow. If I do a fetch request and use items:itemsDefinition, it is much faster.

Thanks,

Dan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users