#1 Patrick Scheips

Patrick Scheips

• STV 3.0 Std
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
Good

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:37 PM

Hi,

I have three small feature requests. These are actually things which can be done by us (the users of Sensible TableView) very easily, but it would be a small time saver if Sensible TableView would include this features directly:

When there is a email address or a phone number in the textLabel of a cell, STV could link them automatically to open a mail composer view controller or to show an alert (call number x, yes or no Safari shows such an alert when the user taps on a phone number on a website).
I guess a phone number is not easy to detect programmatically, so there might could just be a property set to YES in order to activate these feature(s).

If a cell contains a web address it could automatically be linked to a (modal) view controller which shows up an UIWebView which loads the linked website and three or four buttons to navigate back, forward, to reload and to stop reloading the page. These basic things, you know.

Well, just some ideas to make this awesome product even better. Maybe you want to put that on your todo list or, if you think that this doesn't need to be in STV, just forget my requests. ;)

Cheers,
Patrick

#2 Geoffrey Alexander

Geoffrey Alexander

• STV 2.0
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
Neutral

Posted 19 October 2010 - 04:47 AM

I'm not sure about the textView inside the SCTextViewCell but in a normal textView you can set these features in IB or programatically; you can also set which of the several keyboard styles is shown when it's First Responder. I wonder if the property settings for the textView of the SC cell already support this.

But if not, hat you suggest would be an interesting feature -- I'm all for more and different cells with deeper feature sets that can easily be implemented with a line of code, that's what's so great about STV.

#3 Tarek

Tarek

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 3670 posts
Popular

Posted 19 October 2010 - 06:31 AM

Thanks a lot Patrick for all your ideas, I think they're all valid and will serve a lot of our users' needs. This will definitely go on our to do list.

Geoffrey: An SCTextViewCell has a normal UITextView that is accessible using the "textView" property, and which you can configure in the same way you configure any other UITextView (so yes you can do that). The same is also true for all other STV control cells.

#4 Bradley Van Dyk

Bradley Van Dyk

• STV 2.0
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
Good

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:41 PM

Is there a way to do the phone number / e-mail address yet for SCClassDefinition?
  • carl grainger likes this

#5 Patrick Scheips

Patrick Scheips

• STV 3.0 Std
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
Good

Posted 30 September 2011 - 05:06 AM

As far as I know - no.

#6 Bradley Van Dyk

Bradley Van Dyk

• STV 2.0
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
Good

Posted 30 September 2011 - 09:07 AM

Were you able to get this to work then?

I tried implementing SCTableViewModelDelegate but that seems to only be the delegate for my actual model (not the details model generated by my SCClassDefinition). I tried interrupting the detailModelWillAppear to set the delegate of the SCTableViewCell for my e-mail address cell, but that delegate's didSelectCell method doesn't seem to be called when you click the e-mail address, but just other parts of the cell.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

#7 Tarek

Tarek

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 3670 posts
Popular

Posted 01 October 2011 - 11:15 PM

Hi Bradley,

You can now easily achieve these via implementing your own custom cells. For an example of a custom cell in action, please refer to our "Custom Cells App" (PickerCell in ObjectBindingViewController). Please tell me if you need any further help with this.

#8 Bradley Van Dyk

Bradley Van Dyk

• STV 2.0
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
Good

Posted 04 October 2011 - 01:22 PM

I've looked at the example and it still seems unclear.

Are you saying I should implement a custom cell and label it say "EmailAddressCell.xib" and in that cell create a textLabel for "Email Address" and on the right side put a button that would hold the actual e-mail address? I'd then need to implement the tableModelDelegate to intercept the button click to open an e-mail address?

Well I've tried doing this and I'm closer, however, I can't seem to find a way to bind my object to the customcell. I have it appearing with static text. Any additional examples would help.

I'd also like to know if there's a different way of doing this as this seems very complicated just to get an e-mail address to become clickable. Thanks.

#9 Tarek

Tarek

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 3670 posts
Popular

Posted 05 October 2011 - 11:33 AM

Hi Bradley,

I am now thinking that we should develop this ourselves and add it to the standard STV cells. What's your deadline for having this cell? Thanks!

#10 rudiBoot

rudiBoot

• STV 3.0 Std
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Good

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:41 AM

Hi,

Any update on how this is shaping up?

Was the custom cell the best approached?

many thanks
rudi

#11 Tarek

Tarek

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 3670 posts
Popular

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:49 AM

Hi Rudi,

These cells are actually scheduled for our next STV 2.2 release. Thanks!

#12 David DelMonte

David DelMonte

Forum Master

• STV 4.0 Pro
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
Excellent

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:21 PM

Tarek, while you are building custom cells into the STV "family", would it be possible to add a few more customizations?

I have posted some ideas/needs here

http://www.sensiblec...references.html

#13 Tarek

Tarek

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 3670 posts
Popular

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:46 AM

Thanks David, will definitely do that. Actually all your requests are already doable with STV (will get to that in the other post), but we'll do our best to have it as out-of-the-box cells. Thanks again! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users