#1 David DelMonte

David DelMonte

Forum Master

• STV 4.0 Pro
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
Excellent

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:59 AM

I am trying Stackmob as a backend store- they have some nice ACL apis that I cannot find in Parse. I can get the code running, but I'm running into a problem - Their code for logging into their service uses core data. I can use the same model, but I'm getting warnings about conflicting categories..

[font=Menlo][size=2][indent=1]ld: warning: instance method 'initWithObjectsEntityDefinition:usingPredicate:allowMultipleSelection:allowNoSelection:' in category from /Users/david/Documents/ToDo-SM-STV/STV+CoreData.framework/STV+CoreData(SCCoreDataForceLinkerToIncludeCategories.o) conflicts with same method from another category[/size][/font][/indent]
[font=Menlo][size=2][indent=1]ld: warning: meta method 'attributesWithObjectsEntityDefinition:usingPredicate:allowMultipleSelection:allowNoSelection:' in category from /Users/david/Documents/ToDo-SM-STV/STV+CoreData.framework/STV+CoreData(SCCoreDataForceLinkerToIncludeCategories.o) conflicts with same method from another category[/size][/font][/indent]
[font=Menlo][size=2][indent=1]ld: warning: instance method 'initWithBoundItemsSet:boundSetEntityDefinition:boundSetOwnsObjects:' in category from /Users/david/Documents/ToDo-SM-STV/STV+CoreData.framework/STV+CoreData(SCCoreDataForceLinkerToIncludeCategories.o) conflicts with same method from another category[/size][/font][/indent]
[font=Menlo][size=2]ld: warning: instance method 'initWithEntityDefinition:' in category from /Users/david/Documents/ToDo-SM-STV/STV+CoreData.framework/STV+CoreData(SCCoreDataForceLinkerToIncludeCategories.o) conflicts with same method from another category[/size][/font]

Is there a workaround I can use?

#2 Tarek

Tarek

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 3670 posts
Popular

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:38 PM

Hi David,

This is not making any sense. Are you sure you're not adding the STV+CoreData framework twice? Did you try a clean build? :) Also, we're really considering now supporting Stackmob out of the box too as we do with Parse. This may very well be ready in about a month from now. Please tell me if you're interested. Thanks!

#3 David DelMonte

David DelMonte

Forum Master

• STV 4.0 Pro
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
Excellent

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:08 AM

Hi Tarek, I'm happy to send you the little project. However, I'm not adding the STV frameworks twice. I've rebuilt the project several times.

The warnings actually I can live with for a while. I really really like Stack Mob. Several reasons. But first the downside. Their interface is not as polished as Parse or DB, but we can theme out their views.

The good stuff (for me) is as follows: They have paid attention to ACLs and I can change ACLs for each CRUD level for each object. Just what I was looking for . Parse doesn't have that. (Parse has ACLs only at the object level. The developers are great - responsive, and helpful. (you know what a pain I can be :) ). They have extensive tutorials and sample code. just very nice. And they seem to have a lot of backing. You should checkout this 5 min screencast where Syd, their owner/sr/Dev explains schema level permissions.

I think it would be a huge plus for me if STV could call SM out of the box. You would not have to do much more than you have already accomplished at the Parse stack. Their control panel allows me to set the schemas, and STV is presented with the schema results.

Do I really have to wait a month?

But seriously, thanks for considering it. Sid Maestre is a contact point, and is happy to answer anyone's questions. Finally, their early client list is impressive.

Edited by David DelMonte, 25 October 2012 - 01:09 AM.

#4 jasfox

jasfox

Starting Out

• STV 3.0 Std
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Good

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:36 PM

StackMob support might be worth it. It appears StackMob offers more flexibility on their server side code. I think whoever comes up with a way to elegantly and dependably sync CoreData to their service will win a lot of the iOS market.

#5 sidneyallen

sidneyallen

Starting Out

• STV Lite
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:58 AM

Thanks for the kind words David.

I'm Sid Maestre the platform evangelist at StackMob. STV looks like a cool product. I just found this post googling around looking for StackMob mentions ;-)

Would be happy to answering questions you have about StackMob. Our IOS SDK is open-source and on github

https://github.com/s...tackmob-ios-sdk

You can reach me at sid {at} stackmob {dot} com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: data-stores, models

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users