UA-17470720-3

Photo
- - - - -

Support to UICollectionView to iOS 6.0 and later.

view-controllers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 3oTech

3oTech

Starting Out

• STV 3.0 Pro
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Neutral

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:34 AM

Hi experts,

We will have the clase SCCollectionView? This supposed would support the clase UICollectionView (Available in iOS 6.0 and later).

Regards,
José.

#2 Tarek

Tarek

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 3670 posts
Popular

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:53 AM

Hi José,

We have actually considered this for some time and even discussed it with several customers. The problem here is that it limits your deployment to iOS 6.0 devices only, which a lot of our customers are not willing to do yet. Having said that, it is very probably that we will develop SCCollectionView in the very near future.

Thank you very much for suggesting this.

#3 Everett

Everett

Ev

• STV 5.0 Pro
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • LocationMichigan
Outstanding

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

Hi Tarek,
I like the idea of setting up a table in STV and being to change it's type to horizontal, or grid and have it just work. I'm sure it would be no simple task to integrate it, but it would be a nice feature add.

For ideas and for backwards compatibility on the UICollectionView you should check out the IOS Library PSTCollectionView on github if you are not already aware of it. They built it as a drop in replacement for UICollectionView and associated object classes and is backwards compatible to IOS 4.3. I tried it in one of my projects for IOS5 and it worked perfectly. Not saying you should use their control, but it might give you an idea of the magnitude of the task.
  • Tarek likes this

#4 Tarek

Tarek

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 3670 posts
Popular

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

Hi Everett,

Thank you so much for letting us know about this. I'll definitely check it out since it might be a great option to everyone wishing to support pre-iOS 6.0 platforms. Thanks again! :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: view-controllers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users