#1 Andrew_P

Andrew_P

• STV 5.0 Pro
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Good

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:58 PM

Hello All!

I've been trying to get my head around the idea of a SCPropertyType that is a Selection, which will allow me to separate all the items into various sections and also have an addNewItemCell. 

Here is the code declaring the definition

SCPropertyDefinition *typeDef = [entity propertyDefinitionWithName:kTypeAttribute];
    typeDef.type = SCPropertyTypeSelection;

SCSelectionAttributes *selectionAttributes = [SCSelectionAttributes attributesWithItems:@[@"One", @"Two", @"Three", @"Four", @"Five"] allowMultipleSelection:NO allowNoSelection:YES];
    typeDef.attributes = selectionAttributes;

To obtain section headers i've implemented the following..

typeDef.cellActions.detailTableViewModel = ^SCTableViewModel*(SCTableViewCell *cell, NSIndexPath *indexPath)
    {
        SCSelectionModel *selectionModel = [[SCSelectionModel alloc] initWithTableView:nil];

selectionModel.modelActions.sectionHeaderTitleForItem = ^NSString*(SCArrayOfItemsModel *itemsModel, NSObject *item, NSUInteger itemIndex)
        {
            if (itemIndex > 2)
                return @"Section 2";
            else
                return @"Section 1";
        };
};

Which gives a detailViewController with items broken into two sections. 

However, i've had no luck being able to have an addNewItemCell. I attempted to assign it during the addSection modelAction block like so

selectionModel.modelActions.didAddSection = ^(SCTableViewModel *tableModel, SCTableViewSection *section, NSUInteger sectionIndex)
        {
            if (sectionIndex == 1)
            {
                NSLog(@"Attempting to add addNewCell");

SCArrayOfObjectsSection *s = (SCArrayOfObjectsSection *)section;
                s.addNewItemCell = [SCTableViewCell cellWithText:@"Add"];
                s.addNewItemCellExistsInNormalMode = YES;
                s.addNewItemCellExistsInEditingMode = YES;
            }
        };

But the various methods i've attempted never show the addNewItemCell, i've managed to add a cell which adds a new item using dispatchEventAddNewItem however the cell that dispatched the event then becomes selected.

If anyone has any ideas that would be great! 

Many Thanks

#2 ozie

ozie

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• STV 5.0 Pro
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationAustralia
Popular

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:21 AM

Hey Andrew

you can break items up into sections in two ways

SCEntityDefinition *myDef = [SCEntityDefinition
  definitionWithEntityName:@"entry"
  propertyNamesString:@"Details:(title);Actions:(date,time)"];

SCEntityDefinition *myDef = [SCEntityDefinition definitionWithEntityName:@"entry"
                                                            managedObjectContext:moContext
                                                           propertyNamesString:@"title;date;time"];

SCPropertyGroup *g1 = [SCPropertyGroup groupWithHeaderTitle:@"section 1" footerTitle:nil propertyNames:@[@"title"]];
SCPropertyGroup *g2 = [SCPropertyGroup groupWithHeaderTitle:@"section 2" footerTitle:nil propertyNames:@[@"date",@"time"]];

[examDef.propertyGroups addGroup:g1];
[examDef.propertyGroups addGroup:g2];

as for adding a add new cell

SCArrayOfObjectsSection *objectsSection = [SCArrayOfObjectsSection
                                               sectionWithHeaderTitle:.........
    objectsSection.allowAddingItems = YES;

SCTableViewCell *addCell = [SCTableViewCell cellWithText:NSLocalizedString(@"Add New", nil)];
    addCell.imageView.image = [UIImage imageNamed:@"greenAdd"];

objectsSection.addNewItemCell = addCell;
    objectsSection.addNewItemCellExistsInNormalMode = YES;

Edited by ozie, 06 January 2014 - 12:21 AM.

P.S. I hate Swift.. don't talk Swift.. Too old school to learn yet another programming language.

#3 Andrew_P

Andrew_P

• STV 5.0 Pro
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Good

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:35 PM

Ozie, thanks for your reply! I probably didn't explain myself exactly as i intended. The actual issue is essentially trying to format the auto generated detail controller where the user can select one of the items.  If i created a simple selectionCell like this 

SCTableViewSection *section = [SCTableViewSection section];

SCSelectionCell *selectionCell = [SCSelectionCell cellWithText:@"Test" boundObject:nil selectedIndexPropertyName:nil items:@[@"Item 1", @"Item 2", @"Item 3"]];

selectionCell.allowAddingItems = YES;
    selectionCell.addNewItemCell = [SCTableViewCell cellWithText:@"Add New Item"];

[section addCell:selectionCell];

[self.tableViewModel addSection:section];

The detailViewController would have all the items in a single section. 

Ideally what i'd like to do is have the selectable items in different sections with an extra cell that allows a newItem to be added.

Hopefully that makes more sense!

#4 ozie

ozie

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• STV 5.0 Pro
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationAustralia
Popular

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:03 PM

you would have to build your own detailviewcontroller and pass that into the cell as an action.. that way you can customise it to the way you want..

cellActions.detailViewController = ^UIViewController*(SCTableViewCell *cell, NSIndexPath *indexPath) 

there is no option for the scselectioncell to place items into sections, as normally a selection object is from a simple list

might be able to use this one too.. not sure which one is best or easier

cellActions.detailTableViewModel = ^SCTableViewModel*(SCTableViewCell *cell, NSIndexPath *indexPath)

P.S. I hate Swift.. don't talk Swift.. Too old school to learn yet another programming language.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users