#1 jimijon

jimijon

• STV 4.0 Std
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Good

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:59 PM

Hello -

I have a parent container class and I am happily switching uiviewcontroller views. I decided to try out your framework.

I was making progress with SCTableViewController. But I need to have more control so I decided to instead use SCViewController as my base class. Now nothing shows up. Neither my custom header bar nor the tableview that are in my xib. I checked the wiring but still no "obvious" clue and was wondering if the framework works without a navigation controller but with a container controller?

#2 ozie

ozie

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• STV 5.0 Pro
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationAustralia
Popular

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:33 PM

i use container controllers with no problems.. the tableview does of course need a navigation bar so that it can push detail view controllers when rows are selected, but thats just how tableviews work in general

but without being able to see the project i can't help with whats going on.. if you want you can zip it up and upload it here for someone to look at

P.S. I hate Swift.. don't talk Swift.. Too old school to learn yet another programming language.

#3 markr

markr

• STV 5.0 Pro
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
Good

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:05 PM

Hi JimiJon -

I ran into the same problem.  I'm using Storyboard to build the connections.  In my Storyboard, I:

- Added a View Controller

- Added a Container View to the View Controller

- Embedded a Navigation Controller in the Container View

- Added a SCTableViewController subordinate to the Navigation Controller

This displays the SCTableView in the Container View with code for it in viewDidLoad for the SCTableViewController as a custom class.  The list appears when the View Controller is displayed along with Add and Edit buttons on the Navigation Bar.  Add opens a fresh view for data entry.  However, Edit opens a view within the Container View making it a cramped display...still working on that...

I have not been able to embed the SCTableViewController direclty in a ContainerView without the intermediate Navigation Controller.

Were you able to do this without the Navigation Controller?

Thanks,

Mark

Edited by markr, 07 February 2014 - 03:29 PM.

#4 ozie

ozie

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• STV 5.0 Pro
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationAustralia
Popular

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:41 PM

have a play with the sections .detailViewControllerOptions.presentationMode

P.S. I hate Swift.. don't talk Swift.. Too old school to learn yet another programming language.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users