ozie

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• STV 5.0 Pro
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationAustralia
Popular

Posted 07 June 2014 - 04:56 PM

I understand the efforts going into v4.. but there are known bugs with version 3.3, and for us using this and releasing apps with todays technology of Xcode 5 and ios7 it would be nice to have a bug fix release to sort these current problems out

Oz

P.S. I hate Swift.. don't talk Swift.. Too old school to learn yet another programming language.

#22 jesuspl

jesuspl

Starting Out

• STV 5.0 Pro
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Good

Posted 08 June 2014 - 01:55 AM

Here are my two cents or my two penn'th on this

I am totally agree with Oz. 2 or 3 months for STV 4 will be a "long and winding road" with the current state of 3.3 and the waterfall of changes that come with IOS 8 and Xcode 6. 

This leave us in a very bad situation to put the production systems and projects in "wait state"  with a lot of discomfort and lost  opportunities.

This is a forum so why not we try to find a helpful way for our business and situations ?

I am happy to get an answer from the administrator but to be honest, ending with something as 

"Thank you all, and looking forward to our next release"  leave us in limbo status again 

#23 Everett

Everett

Ev

• STV 5.0 Pro
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • LocationMichigan
Outstanding

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:26 PM

thanks Tarek! As they say at WWDC, were all looking forward to the great things your going to do. 

be well,

Everett

• Tarek likes this

#24 Tarek

Tarek

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 3670 posts
Popular

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:10 AM

Dear Oz and Jesus,

Please direct message me (here on the community system) links to the bug tracking posts or forum posts that have your issues and we'll issue a 3.x fix release ASAP. Providing sample apps with your issues will dramatically reduce the fix time for us. Thank you very much for all your feedback.

#25 sserye

sserye

• STV 5.0 Pro
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Good

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:27 PM

Dear all,

It has been a huge week at WWDC. Let me first start by saying that we're absolutely glad that we waited before the STV 4.0 release, as there are several critical updates needed to support Xcode 6 and iOS 8. Here is a list of the most important ones (non exhaustive):

• Ensure full support for the new Swift language. It's crucial for STV to give you the flexibility to use the language of your choice in your projects, or even mix & match between Objective-C and Swift.
  • Support for the new adaptive layout and size classes. Apple now strongly advices against writing device specific code, hence all of STV's device specific code must be removed and replaced with new code that utilizes the new technologies provided.
  • Presentation Controllers. Similarly, STV should make use of the new presentation controllers to provide consistent experience amongst different devices.
  • CloudKit Support. STV should incorporate the new CloudKit into it's STV+iCloud framework.
  • Xcode 6 Object Library integration. Fix compatibility issues between Xcode 5 & Xcode 6 object library integration.
  • Dynamic Frameworks. Release STV as a dynamic framework. This is a new Xcode 6 feature that will enhance your experience when adding/using STV with your project.

Since all of the above is dependent on Xcode 6, STV 4.0 will be released alongside the Xcode 6 release (2-3 months). For people asking about the upgrade price, it should be no different than our previous upgrade prices ($99).

Thank you all, and looking forward to our next release.

Hi,

I understand the STV 4.0 will be a free upgrade for people buying STV 3.0 before the 4.0 release date, right? I bougth STV 3.0 last year, so it means that i qualify for a free upgrade to STV 4.0 right?

It is stated on the Pricing page:

"New! We’re currently offering free upgrades to our upcoming STV 4.0 major release for everyone who purchases STV 3.0 before the release date."

#26 Tarek

Tarek

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 3670 posts
Popular

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:42 PM

Hi Sergio,

Yes indeed, the system will automatically give you a free upgrade if this message was up during your purchase.

#27 Tarek

Tarek

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 3670 posts
Popular

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:23 AM

A fix to almost all reported issues have been released: http://sensiblecocoa...update-is-out/. Please continue any discussion related to STV 3.x fixes on the aforementioned thread. Thanks again for all the feedback.

#28 David DelMonte

David DelMonte

Forum Master

• STV 4.0 Pro
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
Excellent

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:51 AM

Thanks for the update Tarek. Obviously, the world shifted a bit at WWDC, and I look forward to an enhanced STV product in the autumn. 

#29 Tarek

Tarek

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 3670 posts
Popular

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:56 AM

Dear all,

We'd like to announce that we're starting the beta testing of our upcoming STV 4.0. For those of you interested in getting a head start with the next STV release, please private message me (on our community system). We should start handing out betas as soon as Xcode6 beta 6 is out (roughly scheduled for release by Apple on Aug 15th).

All you need to join is the latest beta (or GM if available) of Xcode 6 and some simple tutorials from us :)

Thank you very much!

• wizgod likes this

#30 Brendan Duddridge

Brendan Duddridge

Advanced Member

• STV 5.0 Pro
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts
Good

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:07 PM

Hi Tarek,

How compatible will STV 4.0 be with the current STV 3.4.2 code base?

Will there be lots of changes? I use STV 3 a lot in my app and I'm wondering how much work it will be to migrate to STV 4.0?

I'm currently using STV 3 on iOS 8 right now.

Thanks,

Brendan

#31 Tarek

Tarek

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 3670 posts
Popular

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:17 AM

Hi Brendan,

STV 4.0 is nearly 100% backwards compatible with STV 3.0. The only things that might break are the stuff already deprecated in 3.0, such as SCTableViewModelSource/Delegate. We'll also be publishing a migration guide with the release.

#32 Tarek

Tarek

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 3670 posts
Popular

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:41 AM

I am super proud to share this next STV 4.0 preview :)

http://sensiblecocoa...erface-builder/

#33 Tim Zure

Tim Zure

• STV 5.0 Pro
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Neutral

Posted 07 November 2014 - 09:00 PM

Hi Sergio,

Yes indeed, the system will automatically give you a free upgrade if this message was up during your purchase.

Hi Tarek,

I am a STV 3 Pro user. I am trying to update to STV 4.0 and it ask me for $99. But this message states free update.

"New! We’re currently offering free upgrades to our upcoming STV 4.0 major release for everyone who purchases STV 3.0 before the release date."

#34 Tarek

Tarek

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 3670 posts
Popular

Posted 08 November 2014 - 04:20 AM

Hi Tim,

Our system will automatically upgrade users with recent STV 3.0 purchases to STV 4.0, since it makes no sense that you have just bought STV and are then required to pay for an additional upgrade after that. This was the whole point of the "New! We're currently..." message.

I've just checked your account but couldn't see any recent STV purchases. Please direct message me on the community system if you think our system made a mistake here. Thanks!

#35 Vir

Vir

Starting Out

• STV 5.0 Pro
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 10 November 2014 - 05:25 PM

Hi Tarek,

I purchased STV 3.0 Pro roughly a year back.  I was under the impression all future updates would be available for free.  

Could you please help us get the update without the $99 additional charge?  Thanks.

#36 halldorg

halldorg

• STV 5.0 Std
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Good

Posted 10 November 2014 - 05:36 PM

I think the wording of the free upgrade offer was a little unclear on the the "purchases before...." - It was obviously meant from that point on until the release.

The $99 seems a fair upgrade price for such a major release - I purchased version 3 but never really found it worth using due to lack of examples and documentation. Think it is a product worth supporting though(wish it had more and better code examples and more thorough documentation) so I gladly paid another $99 which I think is a steal if the tool proves as useful as it looks at first sight. 

• Tarek likes this

#37 Tarek

Tarek

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 3670 posts
Popular

Posted 10 November 2014 - 05:42 PM

Hi Vir,

I believe it's the same discussion I had with Tim in the post above. Only our recent customers get the free upgrades because charging them again would almost be like tricking them into buying the old version then instantly recharging them for the new one. At no time did we promise free upgrades last year. We're just trying to be fair and I really appreciate your understanding of this.

@halldorg: thank you very much, I really appreciate your thoughts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users