#1 Tarek

Tarek

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 3670 posts
Popular

Posted 30 September 2014 - 06:27 AM

Hey all,

We were working on this STV 4.0 sample, then I thought it would be cool to submit it to the App Store. The app just got approved: https://itunes.apple...rer/id921748552

The sample took less than a day of development, which is just unimaginable without STV of course. The area where STV really shined was the recursive traversing of folder contents, where you can keep exploring and digging deep into the sub-folders using STV's detail views and almost no code at all. The app should also be useful in its own right since a lot of people using iCloud Drive were wondering if there is a system app for exploring their files.

Hope you enjoy it both as an App and when you get your hands on the source code :)

--

Tarek

• Patrick Bovens and ozie like this

#2 Dave Guerin

Dave Guerin

Forum Master

• STV 5.0 Pro
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • LocationIreland
Popular

Posted 02 October 2014 - 07:20 AM

Hi Tarek,

Nice app. Seems I don't have much data on iCloud Drive.

I wrote something similar for Dropbox a while ago, including Upload/Download of files, as a possible add on to an app I was then working on. STV made all the table stuff really easy :-)
  • Tarek likes this
Cheers,

Dave

www.dgapps.ie

#3 Dave Guerin

Dave Guerin

Forum Master

• STV 5.0 Pro
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • LocationIreland
Popular

Posted 03 October 2014 - 07:14 AM

Hi Tarek,

I just added some data to iCloud Drive via Pages and Number on iOS, just to have a further go with your app.

How are you doing the icon view of the data? The list view is all UITableView with (I assume!) STV. Is the icon view a UICollectionView? With Sensible CollectionView??
Cheers,

Dave

www.dgapps.ie

#4 Tarek

Tarek

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 3670 posts
Popular

Posted 06 October 2014 - 09:00 AM

Hi Dave,

The actual iCloud Drive browsing is done using a simple UIDocumentPickerViewController, while all the file details and folder structure is displayed using STV.

BTW, over the weekend I also added support for previewing and opening the selected files, since we got so many requests (and bad reviews  :unsure:) for that. The update should be approved by Apple soon.

#5 Tarek

Tarek

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 3670 posts
Popular

Posted 20 October 2014 - 12:30 PM

Hey all,

After about 100k+ downloads and some really good reviews, Apple has just called me saying that they're no longer allowing 3rd party apps to manage the iCloud Drive storage for users, and that they're taking the app down :/ . My only hope here is that they're actually doing this because they're rolling out their own iCloud Drive file manager, which would be great news for everyone that was happily using our 'Cloud Drive Explorer' App.

#6 David DelMonte

David DelMonte

Forum Master

• STV 4.0 Pro
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
Excellent

Posted 20 October 2014 - 02:31 PM

I should have grabbed it. So much for procrastination. On a brighter note, the new YouTube video is really cool. Actually, I like seeing you have problems and resolving them :)

So you are a mere mortal !

#7 ozie

ozie

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• STV 5.0 Pro
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationAustralia
Popular

Posted 09 June 2015 - 02:39 PM

And now iOS 9 will have an app to do just this :) Apple is soooo slow sometimes adding things we want:)

I wonder if they used STV to do it too:)

• Tarek likes this

P.S. I hate Swift.. don't talk Swift.. Too old school to learn yet another programming language.

#8 Tarek

Tarek

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 3670 posts
Popular

Posted 10 June 2015 - 05:34 AM

hahaha yes, finally!! https://twitter.com/...023471034114048

#9 ozie

ozie

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• STV 5.0 Pro
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationAustralia
Popular

Posted 10 June 2015 - 06:46 PM

is it really STV icloud app ?? or they make their own?

P.S. I hate Swift.. don't talk Swift.. Too old school to learn yet another programming language.

#10 Tarek

Tarek

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 3670 posts
Popular

Posted 11 June 2015 - 07:20 AM

I am sure they made their own of course, but their app is almost identical to our rejected one in both the UI and concept. Perhaps we should sue? :)

• ozie likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users