¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• STV 5.0 Pro
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationAustralia
Popular

Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:35 AM

i have done some testing

it seems that the detail view is displayed within yet another navigation controller

in the STV source code there is

[self.navigationController.navigationController popToRootViewControllerAnimated:YES];

changing it to animate NO removes the flashing on the back button (and ALL other animations too:) ) while two views are pop'ed

changing the code to

[self.navigationController popToRootViewControllerAnimated:YES];

now when the detail view is showing and I tap the Cancel button, the view pops back ONE view which has a backbutton "< Master"

so with STV currently .. when you tap cancel etc.. the first view is pop'ed, then the underlying view is shown, which HAS a back button. and this shows for the 0.3mill mill seconds of the animations before that view too is pop'ed away

this is the problem/cause of the back button "<" being visible for that split second

Now this is something for Tarek to play with and work on:).. but changing the code to

[self.navigationController.navigationItem setHidesBackButton:YES];
[self.navigationController.navigationController popToRootViewControllerAnimated:YES];

sets the holder navigation controls back button to hidden.. this stops the back button showing during the animations

STV seems to have the views MASTER VIEW > "edit button" -> navigationcontroller1 > detailview inside navigationcontroller2

its navigationcontroll1 that has a back button which we see "flash" when the detail view is pop'ed

Edited by ozie, 14 January 2015 - 04:42 AM.

P.S. I hate Swift.. don't talk Swift.. Too old school to learn yet another programming language.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users