Dima Zen

Starting Out

• STV Lite
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Neutral

Posted 14 April 2015 - 08:34 AM

Hello. 
I'm having an issue with Xcode Server support. Installed your latest plug-in 4.2.2 on our Xcode Server, ran sample application successfully. However, when it comes to Xcode Bot it appears, that IB plug-in is missing.

My error is: 

Bot Issue: error. Interface Builder Storyboard Compiler Error.

Issue: The document "Templates.storyboard" could not be opened. Failed to unarchive element named "SC_ArrayOfObjectsSection"..
File: Templates.storyboard.
Description: The document "Templates.storyboard" could not be opened. Failed to unarchive element named "SC_ArrayOfObjectsSection"..

Any ideas? I assume, that for during Xcode server build some environment vars are different from what you may expect.. 

#2 Tarek

Tarek

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 3670 posts
Popular

Posted 15 April 2015 - 08:03 AM

Hi Dima,

It seems that for some strange reason the Xcode Bot is not loading our plugin. This has nothing to do with environment vars AFAIK. We'll do some more testing and let you know.

#3 Dima Zen

Dima Zen

Starting Out

• STV Lite
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Neutral

Posted 15 April 2015 - 11:14 AM

Thanks a lot! This feature is crucial for me, cause atm I'm acting as a build bot, haha xD

Edited by Dima Zen, 15 April 2015 - 11:14 AM.

#4 Tarek

Tarek

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 3670 posts
Popular

Posted 15 April 2015 - 09:05 PM

Update: The issue has been replicated, and I am now testing some plugin modifications but have been struggling with another completely STV unrelated issue: The bots are just not able to find the correct provisioning profiles, and I've been banging my head for hours over this! :) I've tried everything mentioned online without luck. Please let me know if you have any tips on this.

#5 Tarek

Tarek

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 3670 posts
Popular

Posted 15 April 2015 - 10:12 PM

Ok finally figured it out! I had to manually copy all the provisioning profiles from my development machine ("~/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles") to the Xcode Server machine ("/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles"). Really can't believe how buggy the Xcode Server is, since it should've done that automatically as soon as the server is added to the developer team in the Xcode Server settings.

Anyways, please download the attached zip file and follow these steps carefully:

1. On your server machine, unzip the file then move the folder called "XcodeServer" to your STV package, under the folder named "Plugins".

2. From Finder, navigate to the "STV 4.x/Plugins/XcodeServer" folder and double-click the file called 'InstallSTVServerPlugin.command'.

** IMPORTANT NOTES **

- Unlike the regular STV plugin, the STV Xcode Server plugin must be reinstalled each time you upgrade Xcode on your server.

- If for any reason you face problems after installing STV's Xcode Server plugin, you can uninstall by double-clicking the file called 'UninstallSTVServerPlugin.command'.

Please let me know if this fixes the problem for you.

Attached Files

Edited by Tarek, 15 April 2015 - 10:21 PM.

#6 Dima Zen

Dima Zen

Starting Out

• STV Lite
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Neutral

Posted 16 April 2015 - 02:09 AM

Thanks, Tarek!
Hm, I went through your instructions and my server simply stopped to do anything. From log I can see, that every xcodebuildd simply crashing. 

Interestingly, that after uninstall it start working as before :( 

I have OS X 10.10.2 (14C109), OS X Server 4.0.3 (14S350), Xcode 6.3 (6D570)

What I've done: 

Copied STV package to my server's Downloads, then copied XcodeServer to STV 4.2.2/Plugins/
After that completely uninstall previous integration, installed from scratch and then run /Plugins/XcodeServer/InstallSTVServerPlugin.command under sudo

#7 Tarek

Tarek

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 3670 posts
Popular

Posted 16 April 2015 - 07:32 AM

You're actually correct. At first the bot completed with no errors and even giving a success sign (it will complete if you give it a few more minutes). On closer inspection, it turns out that the bot simply timed-out due to no response from server. Further inspecting the logs show the xcodebuild crash as you kindly noted.

Back to the drawing board :/

#8 Tarek

Tarek

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 3670 posts
Popular

Posted 17 April 2015 - 05:51 AM

Hi Dima,

Are you able to find your xcodebuildd crash log?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: xcode, bug

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users