Morten Jacobsen

Experienced Member

• STV 5.0 Pro
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts
Good

Posted 27 August 2015 - 12:41 AM

THE PRAISE

I'm very, very happy with 5.0! It's the first version that I've created financial apps that at least are running on my iPhone!

Thanks a lot!

The feature of 5.0 that made this possible for me:

• Support for Swift. I'm shameful to say that Objective-C and I are not compatible. Swift, on the other hand, fits my way of thinking!
  • Support for iOS 9 (it made it possible to make batch updates and handle casting between AnyObject and NSManagedObject arrays)
  • The IB components and templates from 4.0

With these technical vectors I'm again able to create database apps in hours. Just as I was with dBase, Paradox and Delphi. This gives me a lot of joy and pride, since my health and age have taken a heavyli toll on my working capacity.

THE CHALLENGES

My app workflow is:

• Open a list of accounts with balances
  • Click on a account to see a list of transactions for that account with the newest first
  • Add an transaction to that list
  • Have a button on the account list to update balances

I've done that with:

• Two SCTableViews each connected to account and transaction.
  • The SCTableViews are not connected, so I had to use a Swipe gesture to move between them.
  • I was not able to update balances in the account list, but had to do it in the transaction list.
  • I've a lot of problems updating the balances on the account list without running the "Update balances" method twice

I have a sense that I'm using STV wrong. That I should change the account list form to also include a transaction list, and then hopefully STV would take care of updating the account list balances when coming back.

Do any of you give a relative newbie some comments and ideas?

Morten

#2 Tarek

Tarek

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 3670 posts
Popular

Posted 27 August 2015 - 08:17 AM

Hi Morten,

My guess is that you're looking for "calculated cells". This is a new feature that was added in our upcoming STV 5.1 release, where STV will be able to automatically update cells to reflect your live model calculations. We already have a beta of STV 5.1, including a sample application. I'll PM you a link to the beta, please let me know if that's what you're looking for.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: core-data, view-controllers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users