ozie

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• STV 5.0 Pro
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationAustralia
Popular

Posted 28 January 2016 - 02:51 PM

since Parse is shutting down.. anyone got an idea of what to use next?

P.S. I hate Swift.. don't talk Swift.. Too old school to learn yet another programming language.

#2 Tarek

Tarek

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 3670 posts
Popular

Posted 28 January 2016 - 03:35 PM

It's really sad to see Facebook shut down Parse, it was a really great service. I wasn't happy at all since the time I learned that FB acquired them back in 2013.

I would definitely consider using their newly released open source server. Doing this should require very minimal changes on the client side and should still be compatible with STV, provided that the same API can still be used.

• Dave Guerin likes this

#3 halldorg

halldorg

• STV 5.0 Std
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Good

Posted 16 February 2016 - 05:24 PM

I use Parse extensively so it was a bit of surprise that FB chose to shut it down but I do think that the Parse platform will continue to be around and might even benefit from this move. Parse Server is a good move and I think we will gain more control and more options in the coming months.

Have looked around and really not seen anything that is a match for Parse when it comes to the SDK, effortless  and quick deployment of a backend.

#4 RaduGrama

RaduGrama

• STV 5.0 Pro
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL
Good

Posted 19 February 2016 - 06:11 AM

We use Microsoft Azure Mobile Apps, it has pretty much the same functionality at a much lower price, at the expense of less (and I mean way less) polished documentation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users