Ev

• STV 5.0 Pro
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • LocationMichigan
Outstanding

Posted 08 June 2016 - 09:57 PM

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well. Updated an older project of mine from the 5.0 framework to 5.3 and my layout of a custom cell got wonkey. 

Just wanted to check in to see if I've missed something obvious.  I have a number of custom cells that use xib files.  These have been working great for a long time now.  They work fine using version 5.0 of the framework, but versions after that break their layout.

They are old xib's with springs and struts.

Do they need to be converted to auto layout or something?  Is there a way to ignore their layout and just put them in the table?  I tried flipping the autoResize variable using yes and no, but no help there. 

Seems odd they worked fine in 5.0 and break in 5.1.3 and later (as far as I can tell).

Attaching screen shots.

Any help is much appreciated!

Be well!

Ev

ps - the second image is the good one - with the nice spacing and layout.  The image of the cells all cluttered is  the example of what happens when using 5.3.

Attached Files

Edited by Everett, 08 June 2016 - 09:58 PM.

#2 Tarek

Tarek

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 3670 posts
Popular

Posted 09 June 2016 - 07:23 AM

Hi Ev,

So what we did moving from 5.0 to 5.3 is have iOS completely handle the cell auto resizing. Before that, STV used to do it manually in order to support some iOS 8.0 specific layouts, but now that iOS 8 has less than 5% install base, we handed the task back to iOS. What I am guessing here is that very few people at Apple are testing for springs and struts anymore, since almost all developers are using Auto Layout now.

I highly recommend you convert to Auto Layout, it will be more than worth it. In case you haven't had any experience with it before, here is an excellent article: https://www.raywende...tting-started-2

#3 Everett

Everett

Ev

• STV 5.0 Pro
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • LocationMichigan
Outstanding

Posted 09 June 2016 - 07:31 PM

Hey Tarek, thanks so much, it's great to hear from you!  I've been using auto layout in other projects for awhile now and have it down pretty well, so I'll just convert those xib files and see how it goes.  I figured it was something like that, just being lazy :)

#4 Tarek

Tarek

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 3670 posts
Popular

Posted 09 June 2016 - 08:24 PM

It's always great to hear from you too Ev :)

Please let me know if you have any issues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users