Panamind

Experienced Member

• STV 3.0 Pro
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts
Good

Posted 19 February 2011 - 01:04 PM

Hi Tarek,

I was just thinking that for iPad development it would be nice to have instead of a detail view pushing onto the stack of the navigation controller that we can specify that a UIPopover is used instead.

As an example I'm using a SCObjectSection with all the property types being SCPropertyTypeSelection. So when the user selects a cell the detail view (a selection list) is pushed on the stack and auto returns. I'd like for cleaner aesthetics a UIPopovers instead to be presented. Now I know I can easily do this my self, just thought that setting a property in SCTableViewSection would be very convenient.

Gary

#2 Tarek

Tarek

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 3670 posts
Popular

Posted 19 February 2011 - 04:28 PM

Hi Gary,

Thanks a lot for the idea! I think this might prove to be a really convenient way of presenting detail views on the iPad.

We'll try our best to have this in the final STV 2.0 release, but if not, it should make it to the very next minor version release.

Thanks again Gary!

#3 Geoffrey Alexander

Geoffrey Alexander

• STV 2.0
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
Neutral

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:11 AM

I'm with Gary, this would be a great addition. I'll be happy to wait until 2.1 but it would really be a nice feature for my current app, so if you could shoe-horn it into 2.0 that would be nice (but I know 2.0 is almost overdue...).

All my iOS apps are iPad-based and the more iPad-centric features I can easily implement the better. What I like about your custom cell implementation as well is that it lets me make creative use of the large iPad screen. I can put an entire full-screen, IB-laid-out, multifunction form in a single cell, binding with one line of code. Yikes.

#4 Panamind

Panamind

Experienced Member

• STV 3.0 Pro
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts
Good

Posted 01 March 2011 - 07:25 AM

Hi Tarek,

Will this feature make it into the 2.0 release? I can wait a little bit before I attempt to spin my own solution. If it won't make it can you suggest code I should override (SCTableViewModel didSelectRowAtIndexPath & SCTableViewCell didSelectCell eg.)

Thanks
Gary

#5 Tarek

Tarek

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 3670 posts
Popular

Posted 01 March 2011 - 07:37 AM

Hi Gary,

It doesn't seem that this feature will be able to make it to STV 2.0, but it should be in 2.1.

The easiest way to implement this yourself is very similar to implementing a custom detail view. Instead of pushing a detail view though, you'll be presenting the popover with the detail view inside it.

Please tell me if you need any further help.

#6 poffel

poffel

Advanced Member

• STV 5.0 Pro
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
Good

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:04 AM

Hi Tarek,

do you think this feature will still make it into 2.1? :-)
Would be so great!

p.s. great Framework btw, still exploring it.

#7 Tarek

Tarek

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 3670 posts
Popular

Posted 30 July 2011 - 04:22 PM

Hi Lars and welcome to our forums! :)

Unfortunately not. STV 2.1 has been packed with new and exiting features and we're already struggling to release the final version in the next few days (especially that it's also being updated to iOS 5). I promise though that we'll add this ASAP (it's one of my personal fav too :)). Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users