Kevin Tsurutome

Starting Out

• STV 2.0
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:00 AM

Hi,

I have implemented manual sorting per the directions on the post below (thanks!).

http://sensiblecocoa...-model.html#127

However, when I click the add button to add a new record, I get an error because the nsmanagedobject subclass hasn't been initialized properly. Where should I add my code to initialize the nsmanagedobject properly? I am trying to do it in

- (void)tableViewModel:(SCTableViewModel *) tableViewModel itemCreatedForSectionAtIndex:(NSUInteger) index item:(NSObject *) item

but I don't think I have enough information there to properly create the object.

Thanks,
Kevin

#2 Tarek

Tarek

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 3670 posts
Popular

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:02 PM

Hi Kevin,

You should never need to implement itemCreatedForSectionAtIndex with Core Data, the item should be automatically created for you. Would you please post some of your relevant code and give me more details on the error message you get? Thank you very much!
  • Joe Glenn, carl grainger, wangxing and 1 other like this

#3 Kevin Tsurutome

Kevin Tsurutome

Starting Out

• STV 2.0
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 29 April 2011 - 03:01 AM

Thanks. The problem was I thought that the SCClassDefinition shouldn't have a withManagedObjectContext since I was doing manual sorting. I modified my SCClassDefinition to have a withManagedObjectContext and I can add/edit objects.

But I am still having a problem.

For the manual sorting, is there anything else I need to do besides what is described in the posting I referenced before? It seems like overview list is confused about which row I am editing.

Thanks,
kevin

#4 Tarek

Tarek

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 3670 posts
Popular

Posted 03 May 2011 - 06:52 PM

Hi Kevin,

I actually need to see some code to answer this (you can email me your project if you wish). Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users