#1 shani

shani

Starting Out

• STV 3.0 Std
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Neutral

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:30 PM

it would be great if it you can add a customizable UIPicker cell.

for example-
if i want the user to select from a list of shirts and another list of colors or something like that.

thanks

shani

#2 Tarek

Tarek

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 3670 posts
Popular

Posted 16 September 2010 - 01:23 AM

That's a really cool idea Shani. Will be added to our feature requests, thanks a lot!

#3 shani

shani

Starting Out

• STV 3.0 Std
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Neutral

Posted 16 September 2010 - 01:26 AM

glad you liked it.

waiting to see it.

good day

shani

#4 Audun Wilhelmsen

Audun Wilhelmsen

• STV 2.0
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Neutral

Posted 28 September 2010 - 07:41 AM

I'm not exactly sure what this request is for..

But I'd like to add that I miss an easy way to set up a color picker.

I also wish that SCSelectionCell could be configured to display a UIPicker instead of a table view (or that there was a SCPickerCell that worked in a similar way).

#5 Tarek

Tarek

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 3670 posts
Popular

Posted 28 September 2010 - 10:07 AM

Thanks a lot for your suggestions Audun, I think a color picker would be a great addition to STV. We're releasing our new version in less than a couple of weeks, so I don't think this will make it to this release, but we'd definitely love to add it to the next one.

Also, we ultimately want SCSelectionCell to support at least two additional modes: A radio button mode (like mail application), and your idea of a picker mode.

Thanks a lot!

#6 Bryan Saltzman

Bryan Saltzman

Experienced Member

• STV 2.0
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts
Neutral

Posted 12 October 2010 - 01:21 PM

Is the picker cell ready?

I'd like to be able to use a picker with two sections. Take shoe sizes for example:
- the first section is the country
- the second section is the size

If the country changes, the size value gets coverted and updated automatically. Both new values are saved to their corresponding properties.

If the size changes, it's value is updates and saved.

----

Is this possible for me to implement right now. How would I implement a picker in the current release?

THanks!

#7 Tarek

Tarek

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 3670 posts
Popular

Posted 15 October 2010 - 12:48 AM

Hi Bryan,

The picker cell did not make it to this release.

To implement your own functionality for this, all you need is a normal SCTableViewCell, for which you will handle the SCTableViewModelDelegate method called tableViewModel:didSelectRowAtIndexPath:. You will then display your own detail view normally with the picker control (SCViewController may be a lot of help for you here since it automatically generates the Done/Cancel buttons for you and notifies you when it gets dismissed).

We're also redesigning STV's architecture in the next release to help you a lot in creating such custom cells. You'll then even be able to create your custom cells in Interface Builder.

Please tell me if you need any further help with this.

#8 Sebastian

Sebastian

Starting Out

• STV 2.0
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Neutral

Posted 17 February 2011 - 03:37 PM

Hey,

what's the status about this? Will there be an UIPickerCell? And what about designing custom cells in IB?

Thanks

#9 Tarek

Tarek

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 3670 posts
Popular

Posted 19 February 2011 - 03:57 PM

Hi Sebastian,

STV 2.0 (currently available as RC and should be released soon) now fully supports having custom cells. I'll send you now our latest RC version. For more information on STV 2.0, please refer to the following post: http://www.sensiblec...a-released.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users