#1 Jeff Meyer

Jeff Meyer

Starting Out

• STV 2.0
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Neutral

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:24 PM

How would I add either a prefix or suffix to an input area? An example would be adding a dollar sign ($) outside of the label the would prefix the input area - or a percent sign (%) that would appear at the end of an input.

BTW, amazing library you've got here. As a noob that's facing a large project your solution brought a smile to my face today. Thank you.

#2 Tarek

Tarek

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 3670 posts
Popular

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:57 PM

Hi Jeff and welcome to our forums!

Thank you very much for one of the best complements we got so far, we really appreciate being able to make this much of a difference to you! :)

Regarding your question, I would strongly recommend creating a custom cell with a UITextField, then adding static UILabels before and after the UITextField, containing the symbols you want. For detailed examples of creating and using custom cells, please refer to our "Custom Cells App" sample application. If you feel you still need more help, I'd be happy to give you some code and a nib file to help you quickly get started. I'll just need the relevant code you have in your view controller's implementation file.

Thanks again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users